The Pet Lodge – enthusiastic pet specialists in Eltham, South-East London, SE9
At The Pet Lodge we are passionate about pets. We love the joy and companionship pets bring to our lives and we love to share our knowledge and enthusiasm with you. Our staff are fully qualified in animal care, with experience in zoo-keeping and veterinary science. We pride ourselves in providing you with a personal service which is informed and attentive to the needs of you and your pet.
We started business way back in 2001 as the Fish Lodge. At first we specialized in pet fish including aquatics, pond and marine. In 2005 we responded our range of products to meet the growing interest in pet reptiles, birds and small animals. On 5th August 2011 we officially rebranded ourselves as The Pet Lodge.
All of our team are laid back and easy-going and are always delighted to chat with you and share their knowledge. We are a family business and over the years we have formed strong and lasting relationships with our many customers. Many of customers have been coming back to us for years, including those who have moved to different parts of the country.
If you are thinking of getting a pet we will be happy take the time to advise you on your options. Choosing a pet is an important decision and you need to think carefully about your lifestyle and that of your chosen pet. Every pet and every species has its own unique characteristics and we will help you choose one that will be the best fit for you to ensure many years of happiness together.
We pride ourselves on holding stock for 99 out of every 100 enquiries. Occasionally our customers ask for something we do not stock, and to be fair it is not physically possible for us to stock all the available products for pets and fish. Nevertheless we are able to source almost every product through our extensive network of contacts.
Our pet shop holds an incredibly diverse range of pets and pet supplies including:
(please click on the links to take you directly to the page)
- Reptiles – We stock a wide variety of reptiles including bearded dragons (commonly referred to as Beardies), geckos, chameleons, snakes, spiders, frogs, horsfield tortoises, turtles and terrapins. We supply housing, medication, lighting, substrate and food (including live insects).
- Aquatics – We stock over 100 species of fish including coldwater, tropical and marine. We supply aquariums, food, treatments, ornaments, gravel and decorations.
- Small animals – We stock a range of rabbits, hamsters, mice, gerbils, rats and guinea pigs. We supply cages, bedding, food and treats.
- Pond – We stock a variety of pond fish. We supply pond treatments, food and all accessories including filtration and pumps.
- Pets – We do not sell cats or dogs but we supply everything you will need for your furry friends including dry food, toys, collars, leads, treats, coats, bedding and medication (including flea treatments and worming).
- Birds – We stock a range of budgies, cockatiels, finches, canaries, quails and parakeets. We supply cages, food, accessories and treats.
At Pet Lodge we are strong advocates of responsible pet ownership. Not only are pets great fun, there is scientific evidence that they can help reduce stress in adults and can also be a great educational tool for children.
The Pet Lodge is easily found at 281 Court Road in Eltham, between Chislehurst, Lee, Lewisham and Grove Park. There is free on street parking.
Our opening hours are:
|Monday:||09.30am to 6.00pm|
|Tuesday:||09.30am to 6.00pm|
|Wednesday:||09.30am to 6.00pm|
|Thursday:||09.30am to 6.00pm|
|Friday:||09.30am to 6.00pm|
|Saturday:||09.30am to 6.00pm|
|Sunday:||10.00am to 4.00pm|
The Pet Lodge is open on all Public Holidays excluding Christmas Day.
If you are interested in reptiles or other exotic pets, please give us a call on or drop by anytime if you or just want the best supplies for your existing little companionship. We will be delighted to chat with you.